We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. Your privacy is important to us. We process your personal data in accordance with the applicable legal data protection requirements for the purposes listed below. Personal data in the sense of this data privacy information is all information that is related to your person.
Controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is:
Phone: +49 (7541) 9338-96
Questions and comments on data protection:
If you have any questions or comments on data protection, you can also contact our person responsible for data protection directly.
- ’personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
- ‘processing’ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
- ‘controller’ means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law;- ’personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
- ‘processor’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller;
- ‘recipient’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing;
- ‘third party’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data;
- ‘consent’ of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject's wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her
Collection and processing of personal data during website visits:
You can visit our websites without actively providing any personal information. However, we automatically save access data (server log files) such as the name of your Internet service provider, the operating system used, the website from which you are visiting us, the date and duration of the visit or the name of the file requested, as well as the IP address of the computer used.
A use of our website is basically possible without any provision of personal data. However, if you wish to make use of special services of our company via our website, it may be necessary to process personal data. If the processing of personal data is necessary and there is no legal basis for such processing, we generally obtain the consent of the affected person.
Use of cookie tracking and analysis tools:
In order to make the visit to our website attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on our websites. This is a standard internet technology for storing and retrieving login and other usage information for all website users. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your end device. Among other things, they enable us to save user settings so that our web pages can be displayed in a format tailored to your device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after closing your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your end device and enable us or our partner companies to recognize your browser on your next visit (so-called permanent cookies). You can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and decide individually on their acceptance or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally. Cookies can also be deleted afterwards to remove data that web pages have stored on your computer. You can quickly find instructions for this on the Internet. The deactivation of cookies can lead to some restrictions of the functionality of our websites.
Prevent storage of cookies
You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly. However, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Use of Google Analytics
This website uses functions of the web analysis service Google Analytics. The provider is Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your end device, which allow the analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookies about your use of this website (including your IP address) will be transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the data on behalf of Google.
'If you do not want Google to receive data from your browser when you visit the pages, you will find the link to the opt-out solution for Google Analytics here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Use of Google Tag Manager
'This website uses the Google Tag Manager, with which we can manage so-called website tags via one interface. This enables us to integrate Google marketing services, such as Google Analytics, into our website. The Google Tag Manager implements the web site tags. With regard to the processing of users' personal data, please read Google Tag Manager Terms of Service: https://www.google.com/analytics/tag-manager/use-policy/
Enquiries via contact form
On our site you have the possibility to send us your inquiries via contact form.
In this case, your data from the contact form including the contact data provided by you will be stored by us for the purpose of processing the inquiry and in the event of follow-up questions.
The data provided by you in the contact form will remain with us until you request deletion, revoke your consent to storage or the purpose for data storage no longer applies (e.g. after your request has been processed). Mandatory statutory provisions - in particular retention periods - remain unaffected.
Direct advertising & promotional communication
Subject to legal permissibility, we use your personal data for purposes of direct advertising for our products and services, as well as for promotional communication with you. Promotional communication can take place via email, telephone, letter, video conferences, chat or messenger services.
You can object to data processing for purposes of direct advertising and promotional communication at any time. The objection can be made form-free. Our contact details can be found at the beginning of this document.
Legal basis of the processed data
We process personal data in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable data protection regulations.
Purposes for the performance of a contract or pre-contractual measures (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR)
The processing of personal data takes place for the execution of our contracts with you and the execution of your orders as well as for the execution of measures and activities in the context of pre-contractual relations, e.g. with interested parties. This essentially includes: contract-related communication with you, the corresponding billing and associated payment transactions, the verifiability of orders and other agreements.
Purposes in the context of a legitimate interest of us or third parties (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR)
We may also use your data on the basis of a balance of interests to protect the legitimate, usually economic interests of us or of third parties, in particular for the following purposes:
- the provision of services;
- the trading and delivery of products;
- the processing and control of business transactions;
- the further development and quality assurance of services and products;
- management and optimization of business processes;
- the recruitment of employees, incl. HR marketing;
- advertising or market and opinion research;
- the initiation and maintenance of business relations;
- the consistent business processing and communication of our company and our affiliated companies towards third parties
- the assertion of legal claims and defence in legal disputes;
- the detection, prevention and investigation of criminal offences;
- the analysis and optimization of our online offerings;
- ensuring information security and the operability of our IT systems;
- the building and facility safety;
- the performance of data protection measures and activities
Purposes within the scope of your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR)
Your personal data may also be processed for certain purposes with your consent. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
Purposes for fulfilling legal requirements (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR)
We are subject to a large number of legal obligations, such as the legal retention obligations of business documents, and may process your personal data for these purposes. Furthermore, the disclosure of personal data within the framework of official/judicial measures may become necessary, e.g.for the purpose of securing evidence or prosecution.
Data categories for indirect collection
We process personal data that we have received directly from you or from third parties. In addition, we process personal data that we have legitimately collected or received from publicly accessible sources (e.g. press, Internet and other media) and we are allowed to process. These include in particular the following data categories:
- IP address and device data
- master data
- contact data
- communications data
- contract data
- business processing
- data protection
Transfer within the EU
Within our company, those internal departments or organisational units that need your data to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations or within the framework of the processing and implementation of our legitimate interest receive it.
Your data will only be passed on to external third parties
- in connection with the initiation or processing of the contract with you;
- in connection with the initiation or execution of a contract with your employer;
- for the purposes of direct marketing or promotional communication;
- for the purposes of fulfilling legal requirements according to which we are obliged to provide information, report or pass on data;
- if external service companies process data on our behalf as processor;
- on the basis of our legitimate interest or the legitimate interest of the third party for the purposes mentioned (e.g. to authorities, credit agencies, lawyers, courts, official experts, customers, suppliers, commercial agents, affiliated companies);
- if you have given us your consent to transfer your data to third parties
Beyond that, we will not pass your data on to third parties. As far as we commission service providers within the scope of a data processing agreement, your data are subject there to the same security standards as with us. In all other cases, recipients may only use the data for the purposes for which they were transferred to them.
Transfer outside the EU
A transfer of data to entities in countries outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA) (so-called third countries) takes place if it should be necessary for the execution of an order/contract from or with you, if it is legally required (e.g. tax reporting obligations), if it is within the scope of a legitimate interest of us or a third party or if you have given us a consent.
The processing of your data in a third country can also take place in connection with the involvement of service providers in the context of data processing. If the EU Commission does not decide on an appropriate level of data protection for the country concerned, we guarantee that the rights and freedoms of data subject are adequately protected and guaranteed in accordance with EU data protection regulations. We will provide you with detailed information on request. You may obtain the copy of such information or information on appropriate guarantees upon request, from our company’s data protection responsible person.
Consequences of failure to provide data
In the context of the business relationship you must provide those personal data which are necessary for the establishment, execution and termination of the legal transaction and the fulfilment of the associated contractual obligations or which we are legally obliged to collect. Without this data we will not be able to execute the legal transaction with you.
Automated decision making and profiling
We do not use purely automated decision-making procedures in accordance with Article 22 GDPR. If we should nevertheless use such a procedure in individual cases in the future, we will inform you of this separately, insofar as this is prescribed by law.
Duration of storage
We only store your data for the period of time necessary to fulfil the listed storage purposes. In all other cases we delete your personal data after fulfilment of the purpose, with the exception of such data which we must continue to store in order to fulfil legal obligations or until the statutory limitation periods with regard to legal claims against us have expired.
Rights of data subjects
You may exercise the following rights under applicable data protection laws:
- Right of access by the data subject in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR
- Right to rectification in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR
- Right to erasure in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR
- Right to restriction of processing in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR
- Right to data portability in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR
Right to revoke
You have the right to revoke consents granted in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR.
Right to object
In accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, you have the right to object. The objection can be made form-free. Our contact details can be found at the beginning of this document.
Changes to this document
We keep this document up to date and reserve the right to adapt our information on data protection accordingly.